Minidoka Memorial Hospital has the following upcoming events:
- Dr. Brad Wynn is joining the staff of MMH and will begin seeing patients March 30, 2015.
- Women’s Business Seminar is scheduled for April 23rd
- Our year end Lunch Buddy Celebration will be in April
- New Medical Office Building will be finished and ready to open the first week of July, we’re having an Open House (tentatively) scheduled June 25th
- Bike Safety will be held July 3rd
- Foundation Golf Tournament is July 16th
- Employee Recognition will be August 11th through 13th
- Health Fair first Saturday in October
- Brake for Breakfast first Wednesday in October
- We will also be getting a new DNS in May and our CEO plans on retiring in December 2015
Minidoka Healthcare Foundation recently held their Annual Employee Campaign with 2 days of games, refreshments and prizes for all employees to participate in and have the opportunity to re-sign up for payroll deduction to donate to the cause. Last year employees at the hospital donated over $21,000. The money was distributed throughout the hospital to different departments through “wish requests”. This is always a great event for staff at MMH and a huge success.
2015 Employee Hospital Campaign Funds Distributed
A committee of MMH employees granted over $21,000 to departments and community events in the 2015 MMH Employee Campaign. Each year the employees of MMH are asked to donate a few dollars per pay period to this fund. 2015 collected $22,000.00. Recipients this year include:
- Accounting - Office chairs and scanners
- Administration - City of Rupert Operation Facelift; paint and supplies
- Admissions- Zebra priner for wristbands and scanners
- Ambulance -BP cuffs, stethescopes, and pulse oximiter
- Business Office - Laser printer
- Compliance - Case Manager / Compliance Officer books for reference
- Countryside Care & Rehab - Recliners for residents, popcorn machine
- Home Health - Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet
- Housekeeping - NilFisk Vacuums
- Human Resources - Bookshelf Library
- IT -Cart to transport equipment, laser printer
- Lab - Tube cool cube, boxed liquid storage racks, wall mounted container holders, lab coats
- Marketing - Bike helmets, book shelf library
- Med/Surg - Patient lounge chairs, patient infusion chair
- Medical Records - Metal shelving for storage room
- Pharmacy - Laser priner trays, medication refrigeration
- Radiology - Positioning sponges, computer, monitor and scanner for PACS workstation
- Respiratory - Color printer
- Rural Clinic - Circumsion Set
- Surgery - Chair and stool replacement
New Medical Office Complex - July 2015
In an effort to enhance physician recruitment, increase patient flow and provide easy access to primary care for Mini-Cassia residents Minidoka Memorial Hospital has. With a projected completion date of July 2015 this office building is scheduled to house two Internal Medicine specialists, three Family Practice providers and two, or more, mid-level practitioners.
Future plans include providing office space for visiting specialists so local patients may have access to medical specialists without the effort of traveling.
With a price tag of in excess of $3,000,000 it is expected to be technologically advanced, ergonomically modern and aesthetically pleasing to the patients, providers and general public. Our current office complex is vintage 1970’s and is no longer adaptable for new physicians wanting to provide modern medicine in a modern environment.
With the onset of Electronic Health Records, digital test results and patient record sharing this new building will offer the latest in electronic capabilities. The site plan offers an adjacent location for a second similar building if future demand requires more providers. Minidoka Memorial Hospital has a history of adding the latest in medical technology to meet the needs of our service area. An example of this is the recent purchase of the only 80 Slice CT available in Southern Idaho and contracting with a Radiology Group with more than twenty Radiologists for procedures and readings.
This new Medical Office Building provides one more step into the future of easy access to primary medicine for the Mini-Cassia Community and enhanced community development for the City of Rupert.
15th ANNUAL RIDE FOR SAFETY
This annual event will be held on the front lawn of Minidoka Memorial Hospital on FridayJuly 3rd, 2015. This event will once again give children in the community the opportunity to decorate their bikes and ride in the Rupert 4th of July parade showing off their newly decorated bike and helmet! Over 1500 helmets have been distributed over the last 15 years. The money to purchase the helmets come directly from the employees at MMH through the hospitals employee campaign. This event continues to grow and be a huge success every year. We look forward to this year's events.
Minidoka Memorial Hospital will be offering monthly Heartsaver CPR classes for $25.00 each, we also will have monthly First Aid classes for $25.00 and teach other AHA courses as the need arises. Healthcare Provider CPR is offered quarterly. click here for more information