Minidoka Memorial Hospital has the following upcoming events:
- Dr. Brad Wynn is joining the staff of MMH and began seeing patients March 30, 2015.
- New Medical Office Building will be finished and we’re having an Open House scheduled July 23rd
- Foundation Golf Tournament is July 16th
- Employee Recognition will be August 11th through 13th
- Health Fair first September 26th
- Brake for Breakfast first Wednesday in October
- Carl Hanson, CEO is retiring in December 2015
Grand Opening and Business After Hours - July 23, 4-6 pm
You are cordially invited to the Grand Opening and Business After Hours for the New Minidoka Medical Plaza, 1308 8th Street, Rupert. Thursday July 23, 2015 4-6 pm with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 4 pm. Public is welcome to come see the new modern medical office complex. Tour the new facility, have refreshments, and enter to win door prizes.
With the onset of Electronic Health Records, digital test results and patient record sharing this new building will offer the latest in electronic capabilities. The site plan offers an adjacent location for a second similar building if future demand requires more providers. Minidoka Memorial Hospital has a history of adding the latest in medical technology to meet the needs of our service area. An example of this is the recent purchase of the only 80 Slice CT available in Southern Idaho and contracting with a Radiology Group with more than twenty Radiologists for procedures and readings.
This new Medical Office Building provides one more step into the future of easy access to primary medicine for the Mini-Cassia Community and enhanced community development for the City of Rupert.
Minidoka Healthcare Foundation recently held their Annual Employee Campaign with 2 days of games, refreshments and prizes for all employees to participate in and have the opportunity to re-sign up for payroll deduction to donate to the cause. Last year employees at the hospital donated over $21,000. The money was distributed throughout the hospital to different departments through “wish requests”. This is always a great event for staff at MMH and a huge success.
2015 Employee Hospital Campaign Funds Distributed
A committee of MMH employees granted over $21,000 to departments and community events in the 2015 MMH Employee Campaign. Each year the employees of MMH are asked to donate a few dollars per pay period to this fund. 2015 collected $22,000.00. Recipients this year include:
- Accounting - Office chairs and scanners
- Administration - City of Rupert Operation Facelift; paint and supplies
- Admissions- Zebra priner for wristbands and scanners
- Ambulance -BP cuffs, stethescopes, and pulse oximiter
- Business Office - Laser printer
- Compliance - Case Manager / Compliance Officer books for reference
- Countryside Care & Rehab - Recliners for residents, popcorn machine
- Home Health - Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet
- Housekeeping - NilFisk Vacuums
- Human Resources - Bookshelf Library
- IT -Cart to transport equipment, laser printer
- Lab - Tube cool cube, boxed liquid storage racks, wall mounted container holders, lab coats
- Marketing - Bike helmets, book shelf library
- Med/Surg - Patient lounge chairs, patient infusion chair
- Medical Records - Metal shelving for storage room
- Pharmacy - Laser priner trays, medication refrigeration
- Radiology - Positioning sponges, computer, monitor and scanner for PACS workstation
- Respiratory - Color printer
- Rural Clinic - Circumsion Set
- Surgery - Chair and stool replacement
15th ANNUAL RIDE FOR SAFETY
MMH’s 15th Annual Ride for Safety event was held on the front lawn of Minidoka Memorial Hospital on Friday July 3rd, 2015. The event gave children in the community the opportunity to decorate their bikes and ride in the Rupert 4th of July parade showing off their newly decorated bike and helmet. This year, as a community project, The Minico High School football team donated their time to help with the bike safety event. Right around 20 boys from the football team put together over 250 bags of decorations for the event and an additional 20 football players came and donated their time to participate in the event at MMH. They inspected bikes; fitted kids for helmets, and helped decorate the kids decorate their bikes for the parade. This year over 140 bikes were decorated and helmets given to children to provide safety while riding their bikes this summer. Over 40 kids participated in riding their bikes in the parade this year. Minidoka Memorial Hospital has provided and distributed over 1800 helmets in the last 15 years. The money to purchase the helmets comes directly from the employees at MMH through the hospitals employee campaign. Thank you to everyone in the Mini-Cassia area for once again making this another successful event. This event wouldn't be near as successful without the help of hospital employees, MHS football team, volunteers, and parents and children that showed up to support another great year of bike safety! We look forward to seeing you all again next year.
Minidoka Memorial Hospital will be offering monthly Heartsaver CPR classes for $25.00 each, we also will have monthly First Aid classes for $25.00 and teach other AHA courses as the need arises. Healthcare Provider CPR is offered quarterly. click here for more information