Health Care Foundation Scholarships Awarded
Four, $1000.00 Scholarships have been awarded during the April, 2018 Foundation Board Meeting. The 2018 recipients are:
Kevin Jurgensmeier – BYU; Macie Merrill – ISU; Adrianna Peralez – Walla Walla Community College; Shay Phillips – Utah Valley.
Minidoka Memorial Health Care Foundation
Minidoka Health Care Foundation is a non-profit organization established to promote quality health care in Minidoka County. Its mission is to solicit, receive and be responsible for gifts given to support and enhance health-related causes.
Committed to working toward a healthier community, the Foundation supplements the work of Minidoka Memorial Hospital and sponsors activities and servicers that enhance the physical and mental health of area residents. The Foundation manages assets donated to the hospital, raises additional funds and develops long-range plans and policies.
Foundation Goals For Directed Dollars
- To meet capital/equipment needs of the hospital.
- To build health care endowment funds for future needs.
- To support other health-related, non-profit groups and activities that benefit the physical and mental health of area residents.
- To develop resources for vital hospital programs like Minidoka Hospice Care and Extended Care.
Recent Projects Funded Wholly or Partially Through the Foundation
Medical Scholarships for non-traditional students
Medical Scholarships for second year or above college students in a medical field
Provided funding to the following local programs:
- Mini Cassia Child Protection Team
- Senior Citizen Center
- Women and Children’s Shelter
- Local Christmas Council
- Wee Links
- Mini-Cassia Shelter
- Magic Valley Humanitarian Center
- Helping Hands Freedom Trails
- Rupert Police Dept.
- Pomerelle Ski Patrol
- Minidoka Sheriff’s Office
- Minico Baseball/Softball
- Alzheimer’s Assoc.
- City of Paul
- $200,000 for the purchase of a new ambulance for the Minidoka Memorial Hospital
Our Board of Directors
Board of Directors
- President – Rick Bollar
- Vice President – Kathy Duncan
- Treasurer – Kyle Condie
- Secretary – Lori Johnson
- Matt Darrington
- Jason Waters
- Josie Garcia
- Tom Murphy
- Garth Baker
- Jason Gibbons
- Tammy Hanks
Reasons To Give
When you make a gift to the MHC Foundation, you join an ever-growing family of patients, families and friends who share a commitment to improve the future of medical care throughout the community. If you are interested in offering support through a gift to the Foundation, please call Tammy Hanks at (208) 436-0481.
Angels Among Us
- Angels Among Us Program Details
Heart of Minidoka
Heart of Minidoka was formed in January, 2002 to encourage employee giving in the form of payroll deduction to Minidoka Health Care Foundation. By joining, employees are given an opportunity to show their support for the hospital and community. Donations will be used by the Foundation for projects benefiting the hospital, health education and health care needs of the community. A portion of the proceeds will be given back to the employees in the form of scholarships for continuing education and performance awards. Enrollment is voluntary and all donations are tax deductible.
In Living Memory
A donation made “in memory” can be a fitting tribute to someone special who has died, but can also be given in celebration of a friend or relative’s birth, graduation or anniversary.
Dream Builder Society
Founding Membership levels in the Dream Builder Society are:
- Builder – $100 donation
- Friend – $300 donation
- Patron – $1000 per year for three years
- Advocate – $3000 per year for three years
- Champion – $5000 per year for three years
- Visionary Level – $20,000 endowment to be paid over five years
Tammy Hanks, Executive Director
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Mailing Address: 1224 8th Street Rupert, Idaho 83350
Phone: (208) 436-0481 Ext. 3702
Fax: (208) 436-6038